Coffee from around the world roasted fresh daily. Have a browse of our accessories too, which are specially selected for our coffees.
Fairtrade Colombian Filter
This coffee is 100% fairtrade. A smooth coffee with a touch of sweet nuttiness. Ground for the filter machine.
Measured Sachets with Filter Papers Included:
Coffee Blend: 100% Arabica
Freshly roasted filter, and a trade friendly price
Importance of Fairtrade
From crop to cup, coffee is subject to a variety of farm practices with many hours of labour going in to each crop.
For sustainability, as well as the climate, it is important that the farmers are getting a fairtrade equity to ensure the coffee can be produced year after year.
Our Colombian fairtrade filter offers the ease of making a filter brew with the socio-friendly, fairtrade certified status.
Colombia is one of the highest yielding, coffee growing countries and has touched the lips of millions of coffee drinkers around the world. Because of this, it is familiar to the palette and easy to drink – perfect for a filter blend!
Filter at your finger tips
Filter coffee is the easiest way to share fresh coffee over breakfast, midday or during a meeting. And with each box consisting of 40/80 x 7g sachets, there is no measuring to do!
We are proud to support Fairtrade farmers, and the coffee they provide us is always flame roasted in small batches to ensure freshness. Enjoy this coffee black or add a touch of milk for a smoother taste.
What is Fairtrade?
The definition is ‘trade between companies in developed countries and producers in developing countries in which fair prices are paid to the producers.’
Fairtrade is great for so many reasons, here are a few:
- Fair wages – an excellent wage system is put in place so that workers get a fair pay.
- Good Working Conditions – Workers have safe working conditions that often excel local standards.
- No Discrimination – This means that there are equal job opportunities and no wage gaps.
- Eliminating Child Labour – Fairtrade reduces child labour as adults receive a fair pay, which lessens the need for families to send their children to work. This allows children to get an education.
- Social Conditions – More business education and higher profits have been re-invested back into local communities to dramatically improve them.
- A variety of products – It’s not just coffee that is available as fair trade, there are a variety of products available from lots of different markets.
Where Does This Fairtrade Coffee Come From?
This beautiful country is located on the Northern tip of South America. The climate is described as tropical as it is close to the equator. It is rich in history and culture, and here are some interesting facts we have found:
- The name ‘Colombia’ comes from the famous explorer Christopher Colombus
- 99% of the population speak Spanish
- Has a coastline on both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, which no other county in South America has
- Population of over 48 million