Christmas Black Tea
This Christmas loose leaf is a delicious blend of our favourite Christmas flavours and black tea. Keenum and Ceylon are combined for the black tea, which gives a distinctive flavour and a little boost of energy from the caffeine content.
With festive flavours including baked apple, cinnamon, almond, star anise and vanilla, this is a great blend to share with friends and family during the Christmas period.
A warming walnut and cinnamon aroma will fill your kitchen whilst brewing, spreading the Christmas spirit throughout your home!
What is Ceylon Tea?
Ceylon comes all the way from Sri Lanka. The country was known as Ceylon until 1948, when it was renamed as Sri Lanka.
Ceylon is one part of three that makes up our English Breakfast loose leaf. It is known for its strength, malty flavour and pleasant aroma.
It also has some fantastic health benefits, which include:
- Diabetes – It has been shown to reduce blood glucose levels, which can be very helpful for those who suffer with diabetes.
- Skin – The antioxidants which can be found in Ceylon leaves are great for you skin and help to reduce the loss of collagen.
- Heart – The potassium content can help to keep your heart healthy.
What is Keenum Tea?
Keenum is a Chinese black tea. It was introduced to China in the 19th century and soon became popular across the country.
It is now mainly used in blends. However, its distinctive floral, malty and slightly smoky flavour can still subtly be tasted.
These unique characteristics gives the drink an overall mellow and smooth quality, which combines perfectly with the wonderful festive flavours.
Christmas Iced Tea Recipe
This recipe is a great way to indulge during Christmas and is a delicious alcohol-free option.
The recipe is from Genius Kitchen and is certainly a must-try:
What you will need:
- 4L of water
- 1 tsp of whole cloves
- 1 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 113g of sugar
- 177ml of orange juice
- 1 tbsp of orange juice
- 3 tea bags or 3 tbsp of Adams and Russell’s Christmas Black Tea
- Combine the water, cloves and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Place the Christmas loose leaves (or teabags) into the saucepan and steep for ten minutes.
- In another saucepan combine the sugar, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Strain the tea into the orange juice mixture.
- Chill, serve over ice and enjoy!
Christmas Tea Gift Set
If you are looking for a gift for the tea lover in your life, the Adams and Russell gift set is the perfect present.
With a luxury glass tea pot, silver scoop spoon and 3 bags of fresh tea of your choice, you can personalise it to suit their preferences.
With up to 35% off and while stocks last, have a look at our Tea Gift Set here.
*THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS*