Mother’s Day Earl Grey Tea – The perfect gift for Mum this year
Our special Earl Grey Tea is the perfect present for your Mother this year. We have used the highest quality loose leaf Earl Grey tea to create a truly unique gift. To make it extra special, we have also designed a one of a kind Mother’s Day label, featuring a decorative font and flowers.
This is the perfect relaxing gift that your Mother would love to receive. If you’d like to know a bit more about this special kind of tea, keep reading…
What is Earl Grey Tea?
Earl Grey is traditionally made from black tea leaves, although some companies have experimented with green or oolong as the base.
The oil of a Bergamot orange, which is a similar size to an orange but is closer in colour to a lime, is added to the leaves to give a fragrant flavour. This oil creates the unique flavour we all recognise and gives the tea a floral aroma.
This addition of Bergamot oil is just one health benefit of the many that Earl Grey has to offer…
Is Earl Grey Tea good for you?
Not only is this a unique and tasty drink, but there are also many benefits that not many are aware of:
- Calming effect – The Bergamot oil has a calming effect and will help boost your mood, due to its natural aromatherapy characteristics.
- Immune boosting – This oil can also help boost your immune system.
- Healthy teeth – It contains Fluoride which helps protect your teeth cavities and decay.
- Weight loss – The citrus extract can contribute to weight loss.
- Energy boost – It has a small amount of caffeine which gives you the perfect boost.
- Healthy digestion – It helps your digestion run a lot smoother and relieves painful indigestion.
How to make Earl Grey Tea…
There are many ways to make Earl Grey, and brewing with loose leaf is much easier than you might think. The freshness of loose leaf is unbeatable, and we’re sure you’ll never look back when you make the switch.
To enjoy a relaxing afternoon with your Mother, use a high quality infuser teapot to get an excellent flavour. Here are the easy steps:
- Rinse the pot out with hot water to remove any dust or dirt and to preheat it.
- Remove the lid and scoop the loose leaf into the basket (use a guide of one scoop per mug).
- Boil the kettle and pour the hot water into the filter basket.
- Leave to steep for around 2 – 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Once brewed, remove the lid and the filter basket (be careful, it might be hot).
- Pour into cups, relax and enjoy.
What should I put in my Earl Grey Tea?
The great thing about Earl Grey is how easy it is to customise the flavour. There are so many flavours you can add to your cup which totally reinvent the taste. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Warm milk (to avoid curdling)
- Sugar or other sweeteners
- Coconut oil
If you’re Mum is a true tea lover, take a look at our Mother’s Day gift set for an extra special surprise.