Incredibly easy to make, and perfect as a snack or treat with your afternoon coffee or evening cuppa.
Why not give them a go and let us know what you think?
We stirred together (no baking required!) these very moreish chocolate nibbles this weekend.
The below recipe makes 15 – 20 chocolate balls.
- 100g butter
- 85g (half a cup) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 120g (300ml) porridge oats (dry)
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee (Indonesian Java, Dark Roast African Espresso or Vietnam Lam Dong)
- Finely chopped salted peanuts / dark chocolate with sea salt / glimmer sugar to finish.
Melt the butter in a pan. Once melted, stir together butter, sugar, cocoa powder, porridge oats (dry) and coffee.
Leave to set in fridge for 30 – 60 mins, then scoop up using a small spoon and shape into small balls using your hands. Roll the balls in finely shopped salted peanuts, finely chopped dark chocolate (we used a sea salt one) or bit of gold glimmer sugar for a bit of extra flair
The only question left now…
How to server
What to nibble them with.
Here’s a few ideas.